Here at The Traddock Hotel we are appreciative of the natural beauty that surrounds us and as part of a National Park we want to ensure that we do our part to help protect the environment. We also realise that as a business it is our responsibility to minimize any environmental impacts and we hope to achieve this through undertaking the following actions:
- To prevent pollution by ensuring we minimise waste through recycling and reduce waste going to landfill.
- To ensure we comply with environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- To monitor our use of resources and minimising energy by using low energy light bulbs.
- To continuously improve our environmental performance and reduce our environmental impacts.
- To help guests minimise emissions by supplying them with information of local walks which don’t require a car, and providing them with public transport details.
- To support our local community by using local products/ suppliers therefore reducing food miles and reducing carbon emissions.
- To liaise with the local community and support projects to help protect the environment.
- To ensure that we minimise risks associated with social and environmental issues.
- To encourage the same environmental standards are met from our suppliers and contractors.
We would like to ask you to help us by carrying out easy tasks as seen below on our Visitor charter:
Green Visitor Charter
1: Conserve Energy
Reduce the waste of energy by turning off TV’s, switching off lights and please close windows when the heating is on.
2: Give The Car A Rest
Leave the car behind and enjoy the beautiful countryside by walking, cycling or catch the bus. There are so many lovely walks surrounding us and lots of activities so please ask at reception where we will more than happy to help.
3: Shop Local
We use a lot of local products to help our community so please support them. If you would like to know more information about where to go please don’t hesitate to ask any of the staff
4: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Reduce waste by leaving recyclable goods at reception or with any member of staff who will then place it in the appropriate recycling bin. (Newspapers, batteries etc). Please feel free to use the toiletries supplied in the bedrooms and if you need a refill just let us know.
5: Be Water Wise
Help to reduce wastage of water by turning off taps when not needed and by using water wisely
6: Respect Nature
Please help us to look after the countryside by adhering to the countryside code, staying on footpaths and not dropping litter
7: Support Green Tourism Business
By supporting green businesses like us you are helping us to reduce our carbon footprint. For more information see www.green-business.co.uk